As you know, there is ongoing and growing concern about the spread of COVID-19, also known as Coronavirus.
While none of this means we need to panic, it does mean we need to respond responsibly in line with government and medical advice and begin planning for a potential worsening of the situation. We urge you to stay vigilant. Please do not attend our site or services if you are showing signs of a runny nose, sore throat, cough, fever or difficulty breathing or have recently returned from overseas. Please wash your hands thoroughly when you enter one of our office (each office has a sink, liquid soap and paper towels available for your use).
What is Positive Therapeutic Services doing to create a safe environment?
- We have increased the frequency of environmental cleaning.
- We have attended education sessions on the importance of good hygiene and are increasing our hygiene practices in this regard.
- Where possible, we have reduced overlap between our sessions – so clients can still feel safe to access face to face support (if clinically appropriate).
- We will continue to provide support in the community (unless advice changes), however, we will not be attending any group programs.
- We will avoid any activities that place people in close proximity to others for extended periods such as concerts and movies theatres.
- Our staff will also not attend non-essential meetings or training at external sites.
- Staff not required to be physically present at the site will work from home.
- Staff or clients who have returned from any overseas travel will be excluded from the service for 14 days, and will require medical clearance before returning.
If you are concerned that you or your loved one may be infected:
- The national 24/7 hotline triages people with respiratory symptoms and those who are concerned about contact with a possible Coronavirus case. If you think you may be infected you can call the triage hotline on 1800 020 080.
- Suspected Coronavirus patients can present in person to a GP clinic, a dedicated respiratory clinic or to a hospital ED if they call ahead.
- Please notify us ASAP.
Online/Video Services Available
- Online/video services are available to all non-Medicare Rebated clients
- For Medicare Rebated clients Telehealth services will be available for people who:
- are self-isolating according to medical advice
- have chronic health conditions or who are immunocompromised
- are parents with new babies
- are pregnant.
- over 70 or are Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and over 50
- People in isolation or quarantine for Coronavirus can see any eligible health provider through new telehealth items.
- Patients in vulnerable groups can also see a health provider via telehealth for a non-Coronavirus matter if they have seen that provider face-to-face at least once in the previous 12 months.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding your ability to continue accessing services at Positive Therapeutic Services. We are here to support you through this confusing period and will continue to offer appointments to assist you in maintaining positive relationship goals and emotional and mental stability.